Helen Lansdowne Resor Scholarship for Creative Women
- Master, Bachelor, Phd, Course
- up to $10,000
- 3 January 2019
The HLR Scholarship is an international opportunity that addresses the lack of female creative leadership in the ad industry by providing female college students with the support they need and enabling them to join advertising’s creative ranks.
Named after Helen Lansdowne Resor, the industry’s and J. Walter Thompson’s first female copywriter, the scholarship was established in partnership with the 4A’s Foundation in 2014. Historically, each year, it has awarded five individuals’ scholarships up to $10,000. Additionally, each recipient is offered a paid summer internship with a JWT office in her respective region, a JWT mentor, and a “first look” placement consideration upon graduation.
Applications must be submitted by Monday, June 3, 2019. The scholarship is open to any undergraduate, graduate, or portfolio student from any school globally.
In short, badass women studying creativity. Oh, and you also have to:
- Be a registered student at an undergraduate, graduate, and/or portfolio school with at least 12 months of school left as of May 20, 2019
- Show creative talent and potential in a course of study like Art Direction, Copywriting, Design, Experiential Design, Sculpture, Film, etc. Basically, if you think it applies to you, it probably does
- Maintain satisfactory academic and creative progress as determined by your school
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
It's your big break. Your shot to steer the future of advertising. Here's what you'll get if you win:
- A scholarship up to $10,000 to put towards your education
- An internship at a Wunderman Thompson office
- One-on-one mentorship
- First-look placement at Wunderman Thompson after graduation
You'll have to submit your application form, a personal statement, a letter of recommendation and 3–5 creative samples by Jun 03, 2019.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.