Apply now for the Hector Research Career Development (RCD) Award! With the Hector RCD Award, the Hector Fellow Academy supports the research careers of promising research group leaders. The Award gives you the unique opportunity to benefit from research funding for an outstanding research project. In addition, you will become part of a network of top scientists including the laureates of the Hector Science Award. The Hector Fellow Academy is committed to top interdisciplinary research, innovative projects, dialogue between science and society and the promotion of young researchers.
Hector Research Career Development Award for Junior Scientists
- € 25,000
- 30 October 2020
The Hector Fellow Academy is a young academy of sciences. It offers a platform for networking, interdisciplinary exchange, and mutual inspiration to the laureates of the Hector Science Award. In addition, the Academy supports promising young scientists...All Scholarships from Hector Fellow
- W1 assistant professor (with or without Tenure Track) or junior research group leader in the natural or engineering sciences, medicine or psychology
- Doctorate or PhD-equivalent with outstanding results & completion less than 7 years ago
- Employment at a German university or research institution supporting the application
- Content-related or formal authorization to supervise doctoral researchers
Exceptions may apply (e.g., clinical training, parental leave), see program information.
Support by the head of institute necessary (e.g., for the use of infrastructure during the project)
Duolingo English Test
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities around the world.
- One-time € 25,000 flexible personal research funds
- Funding of 1 doctoral position (according DFG funding scheme) and material expenses in the HFA for 3 years (9,500 €/a)
- Membership in the HFA for 5 years with opportunity to apply for selected funding formats
Application through online portal starting September 1st until October 30th, 2020