Hector Research Career Development Award for Junior Scientists
- € 25,000
- 30 October 2020
Apply now for the Hector Research Career Development (RCD) Award! With the Hector RCD Award, the Hector Fellow Academy supports the research careers of promising research group leaders. The Award gives you the unique opportunity to benefit from research funding for an outstanding research project. In addition, you will become part of a network of top scientists including the laureates of the Hector Science Award. The Hector Fellow Academy is committed to top interdisciplinary research, innovative projects, dialogue between science and society and the promotion of young researchers.
- W1 assistant professor (with or without Tenure Track) or junior research group leader in the natural or engineering sciences, medicine or psychology
- Doctorate or PhD-equivalent with outstanding results & completion less than 7 years ago
- Employment at a German university or research institution supporting the application
- Content-related or formal authorization to supervise doctoral researchers
Exceptions may apply (e.g., clinical training, parental leave), see program information.
Support by the head of institute necessary (e.g., for the use of infrastructure during the project)
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
- One-time € 25,000 flexible personal research funds
- Funding of 1 doctoral position (according DFG funding scheme) and material expenses in the HFA for 3 years (9,500 €/a)
- Membership in the HFA for 5 years with opportunity to apply for selected funding formats
Application through online portal starting September 1st until October 30th, 2020
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.