The Islamic Studies scholarship offered by Al-Mahdi Institute offers students the opportunity to engage in an in-depth study of religion, theology and language through the integration of traditional Islamic sciences taught at seminaries of Qom and Najaf with modern approaches and theories. During their programme, students are introduced to the core Islamic sciences including Fiqh, Usul al-Fiqh, Qur’anic studies, Theology, Philosophy, Logic, Mysticism and more. On completion, students would obtain an MA in Islamic Studies awarded by the University of Birmingham.
Hawza Studies scholarship
- Master, Course
- Accommodation, Monthly Stipends & MA Course fees
- 31 August 2020
Established in 1993, the Al-Mahdi Institute is committed to providing an open platform for critical Muslim scholarship through its education, research and outreach initiatives.All Scholarships from Al-Mahdi Institute
Students admitted to the programme typically hold an undergraduate degree, although this is not necessary, the normal minimum entry requirement of A-levels or equivalent can suffice. Admissions are subject to the assessment of applications and some students may be invited to attend an interview to determine suitability for scholarships. All students applying for the programme must be able to read basic Arabic and be fluent in English Language.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
The benefits of the scholarship are;
- On-campus accommodation for the full four years of the programme
- Monthly stipends of £200 to support living expenses
- MA Course fees in the final year allowing students to obtain an MA degree in Islamic Studies on completion
- Access to on-site library housing over 22,000 books in Shi'i literature
- Access to a multi-faith chapel, picturesque gardens and an on-site gym
- Access to diverse scholars and researchers as part of the Institute's research and outreach activities
Students applying for scholarships must complete the online application form and submit the following documents when completing the application form;
- Copy of your current passport
- Certificate of your highest qualification
- Current CV
- Two Academic References (cannot be by family members)