AMI Full-time Scholarship Hawza programme
- Course fee, monthly stipend & accomodation
- 31 August 2020
Al-Mahdi Institute is offering three fully funded scholarships for its four-year Hawza (Islamic Studies) Programme, starting in September 2020. The four-year Islamic Studies scholarship offered by Al-Mahdi Institute offers students the opportunity to engage in an in-depth study of religion, theology and language through the integration of traditional Islamic sciences taught at seminaries of Qom and Najaf with modern approaches and theories. During the programme, students are introduced to the core Islamic sciences including Fiqh, Usul al-Fiqh, Qur’anic studies, Theology, Philosophy, Logic, Mysticism and more. On completion, students would have the opportunity to also obtain an MA in Islamic Studies awarded by the University of Birmingham. Find out more.
Students admitted to the programme typically hold an undergraduate degree, although this is not necessary, the normal minimum entry requirement of A-levels or equivalent can suffice. Admissions are subject to the assessment of applications and some students may be invited to attend an interview to determine suitability for scholarships. All students applying for the programme must be able to read basic Arabic and be fluent in English Language.
- On-campus accommodation for the full duration of the programme
- Monthly stipends of £200 for the full duration of the programme
- MA Course fees allowing students to obtain an MA in Islamic Studies awarded by the University of Birmingham in the final year of the programme
To apply for the scholarship you must complete the online application form and submit the following documents with the application form;
- Copy of your current passport
- Certificate of highest qualification
- Current CV
- Two Academic References (cannot be by family members)
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.