HASANZ Scholarships in New Zealand
- Master, Bachelor
- 14 September 2020
HASANZ welcomes applications from people already working in health and safety or those who want to move into a career in health and safety.
There are five categories of scholarship.
- General: for practitioners and health and safety representatives who want to upskill to a diploma or degree.
- Poutama: for Māori health and safety practitioners who want to take their skills to the next level.
- Postgraduate: for people wanting to specialise in health and safety by undertaking a postgraduate qualification at a university.
- Occupational hygiene: for people wanting to become an occupational hygienist or to do further training in this field (funded by WorkSafe).
- Applied research: for people undertaking a Master’s by thesis or PhD research in a health and safety-related topic (funded by ACC).
We welcome Applied Research Scholarship applications from health and safety professionals who are seeking to conduct applied research, as part of their professional development. The findings from the research can then be utilised by NZ workplaces and businesses, to inform their injury prevention activities and plans. Research proposals should focus on sectors and/or risks where there are high rates of workplace injuries. It is highly recommended that you consider this list of preferred research themes before applying for this scholarship.
- Courses must be the the equivalent of NZQA Level 6 or above for the application to be eligible.
- Applications submitted on anything other than the official HASANZ forms will be ineligible.
- Applications that do not include the required attachments as stated on the application forms will be ineligible.
- A financial contribution of $5,000* each year for up to two years.
- Practical learning and the ability to work on real life issues.
- Mentoring by an industry professional.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.