GREAT Surrey Scholarships India
Why Study Engineering At The University Of Surrey?
The home of some of the world’s greatest engineers – from George Stephenson (inventor of the public railway) to Tim Berners-Lee (the world-wide web) – the UK has a long tradition of engineering, and offers qualifications that are recognised throughout the world.
Enabling you to gain a deep insight into a specialised field by studying in a research-focused institution with close links to industry, a Masters qualification from the University of Surrey gives you a significant advantage in your future career.
The University of Surrey is at the forefront of international research in many areas of engineering, hosting world-renowned research centres such as:
- The Surrey Space Centre
- The Robens Centre for Public and Environmental Health
- The 5G Innovation Centre
The University has a strong ethos of working closely with industry and recently entered a formal partnership with the National Physical Laboratory (NPL), the UK’s national measurement institute, which will underpin research projects in fields from advanced manufacturing to healthcare.
Who Can Apply?
You can apply for a GREAT Surrey Scholarship if:
- You hold a high first-class degree from an Indian university (the minimum requirement is 65 per cent from a prestigious university or 70 per cent from a regional university).
- You hold an offer from Surrey to study any MSc course within the Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences, as listed above (you must hold an offer before submitting an application for a scholarship)
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
How The Scholarship Programme Works
The GREAT Scholarship – India programme is aimed at high-calibre Indian students who want to study for a postgraduate programme in engineering.
Funded by the University and the UK government’s GREAT Britain campaign, up to six scholarships worth £5,000 (paid in the form of a fee discount) are being offered on postgraduate taught courses from the following subjects:
- Chemical and Process Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Environment and Sustainability
- Mechanical Engineering Sciences
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.