Gran Sasso Science Institute (GSSI), based in l’Aquila, Italy, offers PhD Scholarships in Italy. Scholarships are available in Astroparticle Physics, Mathematics in Natural, Social and Life Sciences, Computer Science and Urban Studies and Regional Science.
Gran Sasso Science Institute is an international school for advanced studies located in L’Aquila, Italy.
Applicants obtaining their degree by no later than October 31, 2017 may apply (both Italian or foreign degree according to the previous description). Applicants will have to send a copy of their degree certificate at phd.secretariat-at-gssi.it by November 20, 2017.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Start preparing for IELTS today
The yearly amount of the scholarship is of € 16.159,91 gross (an additional 50% on monthly basis may be awarded for research period aboard if approved by the GSSI).
- All PhD students will have tuition fees waived
- All PhD students will have free accommodation at the GSSI facilities or a financial substitute of 350,00 Euros gross/month (to obtain the contribution, the students would have to present a rental agreement in L’Aquila)
- All PhD students will have free luncheon vouchers (1 per day, working days, except school closures, missions, other situations contemplated by the GSSI rules)
- All PhD students will be covered by insurance against any accident and/or injury that may occur while carrying out their PhD activities
Applicants must fill out the online application form and attach the required documents by May 31, 2017, 6 pm (Italian time zone). No other application method will be accepted. The documents you need to submit are:
- Copy of the University title certificate
- Academic transcripts (list of courses with grades)
- Curriculum Vitae
- A copy of a valid Identity Document (ID) signed and dated.
These documents, common to all applicants, must be in pdf or jpg format and each file size should not exceed 3Mb.