Graduate Scholarships in Science and Technology at University of Toronto in Canada, 2017
- 31 March 2017
Application for the 2017-18 Faculty of Medicine Queen Elizabeth II-Graduate Scholarships in Science and Technology (QEII-GSST) are now available. The QEII-GSST program is designed to encourage excellence in graduate studies in science and technology.
The program is supported through funds provided by the Province of Ontario and by funds raised by the University of Toronto from the private sector.
The Institute of Medical Science (IMS) offers a wide range of stimulating, research-intensive Master of Science and Doctor of Philosophy programs in basic sciences, clinical sciences, and population health research.
- Applicants must be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident, or Protected Person under subsection 95(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) by the student deadline as determined by each graduate unit.
- Applicants must be registered or intend to register in a full-time [A full-time student is one who is in at least 60% of a full course load (40% for students with a permanent disability)] research thesis based MSc or PhD program in the Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto.
- Students pursuing a professional or course-based Master’s program (e.g., MHSc) and Clinician/surgical scientist trainees are NOT eligible for the awards offered through this competition.
- Applicants entering the first or second year of graduate studies at the time of application must have achieved an overall average of at least A- (or equivalent) in each of the last two completed years of study (full-time equivalent).
- Applicants entering the third year or beyond of graduate studies at the time of application must have an overall average of at least A–, or the equivalent, on all graduate courses completed.
- Up to $15,000 per year ($5,000 per session for 2 or 3 consecutive sessions).
- The scholarship is awarded for one academic year, which may consist of two or three consecutive terms. It is not automatically renewed; students must apply annually.
- The award may begin in September 2017 or January 2018.
- For QEII-GSST awards administered at Graduate & Life Sciences Education (GLSE), the following must be completed by the deadline: March 31, 2017: Applicants must submit an OGS application using the U of T School of Graduate Studies centralized online OGS application. Note: The same application is used for both the 2017-18 OGS and QEII-GSST.
- Once the OGS application is submitted online, applicants must complete an online Cover Page. The QEII-GSST award name(s) mustbe identified on this Cover Page.
- Should the applicant wish to submit a different Plan of Study for his/her QEII-GSST application than what is on the OGS application, it should be emailed to debbie.chau-at-utoronto.ca by March 31st.
The online OGS application requires:
- List of Academic Achievements (scholarships and academic awards received), if applicable.
- List of Research Contributions, including publications, presentations posters, or other significant work that was submitted to an external organization (e.g., a consulting report).
- Plan of Study/Research Description/Statement of Intent (in easily understandable terms, including hypothesis, methods, and expected outcomes).
- Two OGS Academic Assessment Reports. For currently registered students, one of the assessment reports should be completed by current graduate supervisor.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.