Higher-education graduates of outstanding academic merit who plan to complete a doctoral programme or carry out an artistic development project at a higher education institution in Mecklenburg-West Pomerania are welcome to apply. The PhD scholarships are awarded to graduates on the basis of excellent academic achievements who have been admitted to a doctoral programme and are mentored by a PhD advisor at a higher education institution of the Federal Land. The Caspar-David-Friedrich scholarships aim at sponsoring artists who wish to carry out an artistic development project. Applications are called for and awarded by the single higher education institutions. Candidates should therefore directly contact the institution of their choice. The sponsorship amount is of EUR 1,100 for junior researchers and EUR 1,000 for artists; if necessary, scholars will receive a child allowance.
Foreign graduates in the subject area of Protestant theology. A degree equivalent to a German higher education degree is required.
- Member of a Lutheran church
- Completed academic studies in Protestant theology
- German language skills (B2)
- Recommendation of the applicant´s home church
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
- standard funding for junior researchers: EUR 1,100
- standard funding for artists in the CDF programme: EUR 1,000
- monthly family allowances, if necessary: EUR 150 for the first child and EUR 100 for each additional child
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.