Graduate Dean’s Entrance Scholarship at University of British Columbia
Graduate Dean’s Entrance Scholarships (GDES) are based on merit and offered to incoming full-time thesis-based Master’s and Doctoral students at UBC’s Okanagan campus. Students who have submitted a complete admission application by the date indicated for each admission period will be automatically considered for this scholarship.
University of British Columbia
- Incoming, full-time, thesis-based graduate students
- Complete applications submitted by the application deadline receive priority consideration. Submissions after the deadline will be considered if funding is available
- Students applying to professional programs (MSN part-time, MSW, M.ED, MDS, and M.ENG) are not eligible for this award
- Eligible students must have a GPA of first-class standing or other exceptional qualifications
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
The value of the award is a minimum base unit of $5,000
- GDES award funding is allocated to graduate programs annually
- The College of Graduate Studies highly recommends that graduate programs utilize the GDES for effective recruitment of excellent students
- For the September admission period, priority will be given to students that have completed their applications by January 31st of each year
- Graduate programs will review and evaluate each incoming admission application that has been submitted by the applicable deadline date
- Graduate programs will inform the College of Graduate Studies of which students have been nominated to receive a GDES
- Graduate programs may allocate the awards over the course of three rounds:
Round one: offers are made to the top-ranked student(s) for the May admission period
Round two: offers are made to the top-ranked student(s) for the September admission period
Round three: offers are made to the top-ranked student(s) for the January admission period
- If further funding is available, graduate programs: (1) may award students from the previous May and September admission periods that did not receive an award offer during round one or two (2) and/or, offer additional GDES funding to incoming students that have already received GDES funding (i.e. Top-ups)
- Only successful applicants will be notified
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.