Government Postgraduate Scholarships for Omani Students to Study Abroad, 2017-2018
- Deadline: May 1, 2017
Sultanate of Oman Ministry of Higher Education is offering National Postgraduate Scholarship Program for the academic year 2017-2018. Scholarships are open to for Omani Students for pursuing the postgraduate programme.
The National Postgraduate Scholarship Program was established to enable Omani scholarship recipients to pursue their graduate studies in specific programs related to areas of the national interest at well-reputed and approved Universities abroad.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Omani nationals can competitively apply for these scholarships by completing an application online via the Higher Education Admissions Center (HEAC) electronic system, provided that they submit a letter of acceptance confirming an unconditional offer from one of the Universities approved by the Oman Ministry of Higher Education for The National Postgraduate Scholarship Program.
- Must be 45 years of age or younger at the time of their application;
- Who have completed a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree program at (a) previously attended and accredited overseas Higher Education Institution(s), have to submit a Certificate of Equivalency from the Department for Equivalency & Recognition, Ministry of Higher Education with their online scholarship application. Applicants must take into account the estimated time required to obtain the Certificate of Equivalency as they have to apply for it online via the Ministry of Higher Education’s website.
Test your English
Prepare for your study by taking the most popular and most accepted English language proficiency test.
Applicants can complete their online application via the Higher Education Admissions Center (HEAC) electronic system. Applicants are required to submit the following supporting documents along with the application
- An unconditional letter of acceptance from one of the approved Universities (a complete list of selected Universities is available on this website) which are all included in the Shanghai Academic Ranking of World Universities 2016. The letter of acceptance must confirm a guaranteed seat onto one of the qualifying programs as publicized by the Oman Ministry of Higher Education (a complete list of names of approved programs is available on this website);
- A copy of a valid Omani passport;
- Copies of the Bachelor’s degree certificate and transcripts (academic records) from the previously attended Higher Education Institution;
- In case the previously attended Higher Education Institution concerns an accredited Higher Education Institution abroad, the applicant must upload a Certificate of Equivalency issued by the Equivalency & Recognition Department, Ministry of Higher Education;
- In case the academic records were awarded by a private HEI in the Sultanate, the uploaded copies must concern copies that have been authenticated/certified and supplemented by the Directorate-General of Private Universities and Colleges, Oman Ministry of Higher Education.
- Applicants who are employed by a (Semi-) Governmental organization at the time of their scholarship application must submit a No-Objection Letter from their organization signed by the Minister or Chief Executive Officer and letter from the Human Resource Department stating the number of years they have been working for the organization
- Applicants with no current and/or previous
- work experience must submit a letter from the
- Public Authority of Manpower Register
- confirming that the applicant is not employed
- At the time of their application
- Applicants who work in the private sector must submit a certificate from the Public Authority of Manpower Register confirming that the applicant works in the private sector at the time of their application and the number of years he/or she has been working there
- All applicants must submit curriculum vitae.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.