Government of Malta Scholarships in Climate Action
- 5 May 2017
The Scholarships in Climate Action are being offered as part of the Government of Malta’s commitment under the Climate Finance Package to provide support for capacity building in developing States.
The Course shall be open to applicants in possession of a first cycle degree in a discipline related to Sustainable Development or in any other area of study which the Board considers as appropriate, obtained in the ten years previous to registration for the Course.
The Course shall be open to applicants in possession of a first cycle degree in a discipline related to Sustainable Development or in any other area of study which the Board considers as appropriate, obtained in the ten years previous to registration for the Course. Applicants may be asked to demonstrate competence in those skills required by the nature of the proposed research via an extended interview and the submission of appropriate documentation, provided that where deficiencies are identified applicants shall be required to take specific study-units intended to compensate for the deficit.
- Applications should demonstrate a clear intention of returning to their home country at the end of their studies in Malta.
- Applicants are requested to pay the application fee to the University of Malta in order for their application to be considered.
- Applicants who wish to be considered for the scholarship are required to present a letter of motivation and three letters of reference.
- Applicants for other courses will not be considered for these scholarships. Students who are accepted for the scholarship will not be allowed to shift their research to a different area of study other than that specified in the current call.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Funding will cover
- Payment of the University of Malta Tuition Fees and/or Enrolment fee.
- Health Insurance to cover a premium up to a maximum of EUR 500 per year. Students will be guided on this and other arrangements upon arrival.
- Reimbursement for visa expenses amounting to 60 eur.
- A monthly subsistence allowance amounting to EUR 750 per month to be used towards accommodation, living, transport, academic expenses and any other expenses that may arise. Students will receive this monthly allowance for a maximum and continued duration of 16 months. The study programme must be completed on a full-time basis within the same time-frame.
- One return journey to the home country the cost of which is capped at 1000 euro. Any additional trips or travel costs higher than this amount will have to be covered by the student. The scholarship holders will be requested to attend the Orientation Programme that is organised for all new international students joining the University of Malta. This will be held towards the end of September 2017.
Applicants need to have submitted their application online and provided copies of their academic qualifications and all other requested documentation to the University of Malta.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.