Global Spartan Leadership Program for International Students at Michigan State University
During the Global Spartan Leadership Program (GSLP) international undergraduate participants will receive training on global leadership, attend cultural events, join service-learning projects and receive an $8000 scholarship upon successful completion of the program requirements.
GSLP promotes leadership development that is inclusive, purposeful, collaborative, and values-based.
Michigan State University
- Must be a full-time, degree-seeking international undergraduate student in sophomore or junior status for the entire academic year
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must commit to attending a non-credit weekly seminar during the fall and spring semesters and complete all assignments
- Must have time to give presentations during fall and spring semesters
- Must commit to spending spring break with the Global Spartan Leadership Program Alternative Spartan Break
- Must demonstrate the need for tuition assistance
- Must attend cultural and leadership events/conferences
Global Spartan Leaders are selected each spring for the following academic year. For questions or more information, please visit our website.
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
- International students who successfully complete all requirements of the program will earn an $8,000 scholarship to assist with their tuition and other education-related expenses.
- Participants will also participate in a fully-funded spring break service-learning trip, which is led by program instructors and 2 participant site leaders.
To be able to apply for the award, you are advised to take admission in the underground degree at the university.
Please attach the following documents with your application:
- all secondary schools, colleges or universities attended and examination boards send original or attested copies of all transcripts, diplomas, mark sheets, and certificates directly to the university.
- all participants are expected to submit an essay to the OISS Essay Contest & also submit a proposal for the MSU Global Learning Conference.
- For taking admission at this university, applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- all applicants have to accomplish the English language requirements of the university.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.