Global Innovation Linkage Project (GIL) PhD Positionsin Australia
- $30,000 p.a.
Carbon fibre composites are engineered materials which combine the strength and stiffness of carbon fibre with the toughness of an epoxy resin. These lightweight, high strength materials are undergoing an exponential growth in demand. Working as part of the team on this project, you will contribute to developing a highly automated, flexible approach to the manufacturing process, leveraging Swinburne’s unique Industry 4.0 Testlab for 3D Printing of Composites. This will integrate a world first 3D fibre printing technology from Fill (Austria) with the Qure process from Quickstep (Australia) and digitalization will be supported by technologies from Plataine (Israel) and Siemens in partnership with ARENA2036 (Germany).
The scholarships are supported by our industry partners and the Australian Federal Government as part of our Global Innovation Linkage Project for Industry 4.0 Manufacturing of High Volume Light Weight Composites. Several Scholarships are available for PhD research in the area of automated additive manufacturing for advanced composite materials. These scholarships are part of our partnered PhD program with the University of Stuttgart and all candidates will have the opportunity to spend time in Austria and Germany. We specifically encourage PhD research proposals across several application areas including:
- Rapid cure thermoset resin systems
- Industry 4.0 manufacturing processes
- IoT enabling of manufacturing processes
- Robotically enabled in-line inspection
- Resin formulation and infusion
- Additive manufacturing for aerospace components
- A Bachelor degree (with First Class Honours) and/ or a Research Master’s degree in a discipline relevant to the research topic
- Where applicable, International English Language Testing System (IELTS) examination certificate with a minimum overall score of 6.5, with no individual band score below 6.0
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated person who meets the academic requirements for enrolment for a PhD degree at Swinburne University of Technology
- A background in research relevant to the project.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.