Global Health Postdoctoral Fellowships at McGill University
- 31 March 2017
McGill University is inviting applications for Steinberg Global Health Postdoctoral Fellowship. These fellowships are open to current or entering postdoctoral fellows from any global health related discipline.
McGill University is a public research university in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. It was established in 1821 by royal charter, issued by King George IV of Great Britain.
The language of instruction at McGill University is English. Applicant must demonstrate the required level of English proficiency prior to admission to McGill, regardless of citizenship status or country of origin.
- Applicants must have or have arranged supervision by a member of McGill University Faculty who is a Professor, Associate Professor or an Assistant Professor. Most of McGill’s global health teams and researchers can be found on the GHP website.
- Applicants from varying specialities within global health, including but not limited to medicine, nursing, health sciences, humanities, epidemiology, public health, and health policy are encouraged to apply. Fundamental (laboratory or bench) research projects, without a clear translational focus on population outcomes, will not be within the scope of this fellowship.
- Applicants to the 2017-2018 Steinberg Global Health Postdoctoral Fellowship program must fulfil or have fulfilled all degree requirements for a PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree doctorate (DPhil, DPH, MD, DVM or similar terminal degree) before August 31, 2017. Awardees must be within 5 years of completion of this degree to hold the award.
- Applicants, who do not have the PhD or PhD-equivalent degree in hand at the time of application, must include a letter from their Department Chair specifying that dissertation defence will take place before September 1st, 2017. Successful applicants who do not complete all requirements for their PhD by August 31, 2017, will have their offer of award withdrawn.
- Please see the Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Office for detailed information on postdoctoral registration at McGill. Please make sure you meet the general requirements to be a postdoc in Quebec and Canada. Fellows must comply with all postdoctoral registration requirements. If selected, candidates from outside of Canada will need to budget for the time required for immigration/work permit processing.
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
Steinberg Global Health Postdoctoral Fellows will receive a generous stipend and travel expenditures totalling $50,000.
Prospective candidates should submit:
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.