GIGA Scholarships for International Students at Keio University in Japan, 2017
- 13 February 2017
The Keio University is offering scholarships for international students to pursue Global Information and Governance Academic (GIGA) Program. Students who complete the course are awarded a Bachelor of Arts in Environment and Information Studies.
This scholarship is awarded to hard-working students who display an aptitude for and interest in advanced information technology and policy, and seek to contribute to the global society using their acquired knowledge and skills.
Keio University opened its fifth university campus in Shonan Fujisawa in 1990. Located near the metropolis of Yokohama, Fujisawa is the ideal haven for academic endeavours with its quiet atmosphere.
Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
The following eligibility requirements apply to both of two scholarships. To be considered for these scholarships, students must:
- Be accepted through Admissions for Overseas Students (GIGA Program) to enter the Faculty of Policy Management or the Faculty of Environment and Information Studies in September 2017
- Be an incoming first-year student
- Be a foreign national
- Persons who hold any of the following Japanese residency statuses are not eligible to receive: Permanent Resident, Special Permanent Resident, Spouse or Child of Japanese National, Spouse or Child of Permanent Resident, or Long Term Resident.
Mentor Mitakai Scholarship for International Students:
- Admission Fee and Academic Fees for one year. The scholarship recipient will be exempt from payment of the admission fee and academic fees for one year starting September 2017. (For students who show exceptional academic excellence only)
- Merit Scholarship Supplement JPY 1,200,000 per year. Students who show exceptional academic excellence will also receive the scholarship supplement.
** Masatada Kobayashi Scholarship for International Students:** JPY 1,000,000 per year. The scholarship will be appropriated to the payment of academic fees required at the time of entering the University. The scholarship amount less the academic fees for the 2017 Fall Semester will be paid into the scholarship recipient’s bank account.
If students decide to apply for the scholarships, they may register from the Admission Web Entry System of Admissions for Overseas Students (GIGA Program).
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.