In recognition of the historic role of George J. Mitchell in advancing the security, hope and opportunity for generations in Ireland and Northern Ireland, the George J. Mitchell Peace Scholarship has been established. The purpose of the Scholarship is to create opportunities for the exchange of university students between Ireland and the State of Maine.
George J. Mitchell Peace Scholarship
- full fees
You must be a current UCC student to be eligible for this scholarship. Students studying abroad are required to pay their full UCC fees To qualify for the Scholarship a student must be:
- at least 18 years of age.
- studying abroad during the 3rd year of your four-year UCC degree.
- have a record of high academic achievement.
- have demonstrated leadership abilities and a commitment to community service.
Duolingo English Test
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities around the world.
Value: full fees, accomodation & board from University of Maine
• First Year and first semester of 2nd year exam results will be reviewed as part of your application.
• You must be registered for a four year degree at UCC and you are only permitted to study abroad during your 3rd year of your undergraduate.
• Studying abroad with UCC is not guaranteed and is subject to availability and academic achievements.
• Some departments including Engineering and Mathematics- Students are required to achieve a 2.1 in 2nd year to be considered for study abroad. Your first grades will also be reviewed.
• Studying outside the EU- You are required to achieve a 2.1 in first year and 1st semester of 2nd year to be placed in America, Australia, Canada, Singapore, Japan (for students with optional semester/year abroad). • The host university you list on your application must offer modules suitable for your degree. It is the responsibilty of the student to research this before applying. • Engineering require students to achieve a 2.1 in 2nd year also to study abroad