Fully-Funded PhD Scholarships for Pakistani Students to Study Abroad, 2017
- 31 March 2017
The Government of the Punjab, Pakistan is offering fully-funded PhD Scholarships for Pakistani Students. These scholarships will be awarded to study at the top ranked educational institutions of the world.
Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarship (SSMS) is a revolutionary step of Govt. of the Punjab which will enable the youth to study at the top ranked educational institutions of the world and play their role in strengthening & uplifting the economy of Pakistan.
The scholarship scheme focuses the meritorious students of Punjab while allocating a special quota for the students of other federating units of Pakistan as well.
Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
Students fulfilling the following criterion shall be eligible to apply for SSMS
- Valid PhD admission offer from one of the Top 50 (Subject Wise) Universities of the World (QS ranking) in preferred subject areas
- Not less than 60% marks throughout the academic career.
- Declared monthly family income (including self, spouse and parents) is equal to or less than Rs. 200,000/-
- Maximum age of 35 years on 31st March, 2017
- Not availed any foreign scholarship in the past .
- Must take up the scholarship in the year for which it is offered and the scholarship shall not be deferred to the next year.
- All Pakistani Nationals, both males and females are eligible to apply.
Note: Existing permanent / regular faculty members of public sector teaching / educational institutions of Pakistan are not eligible to apply for Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarships (SSMS).
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
PhD Scholarships awarded under SSMS are fully funded and will cover the following costs:
- Tuition fees of the Degree Course
- Boarding & Lodging (as per approved rates)
- Air Fare
The required components for complete application packet are as follows:-
- Attested copy of CNIC
- Attested copies of all educational testimonials
- Copy of valid admission offer for Ph.D. for fall 2016 intake
- Copy of Synopsis/ Research Proposal
- Income affidavit on legal paper (sample attached with application form)
- Copy of last paid utility bills (electricity, gas, phone)
- Attested copy of domicile
- Three passport size photographs
- Any other supporting document required to substantiate the facts given in the application form
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.