Fully-funded International PhD Positionsin Chemical Engineering
- £15,285 p.a.
- 18 December 2020
The EPSRC and SFI Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT) in Sustainable Chemistry: Atoms-2-Products, would like to invite suitably qualified and highly motivated applicants to apply for 48-month PhD studentships to work in one of three Research Thematic areas:
- Down to Earth: Catalysis using Earth Abundant Metal
- Psus – A Sustainable Phosphorus Future
- Plastics from Plants Initiative (PPI)
CDT Training Programme
Our students will undertake a 4-year PhD programme, where the first year offers the opportunity to access a balanced combination of Core and Research Theme training activities. The Core training aims to equip students with knowledge and tools related to the broader aspects of their research such as sustainability, entrepreneurial skills, and responsible research and innovation, and will include a wide range of workshops focusing on professional skills, career development and wellbeing. Research Theme training is focused on the topics specific to each of the three Themes. The programme is delivered through a combination of lectures, workshops, group activities and lab sessions.
Over the remaining three years, whilst working on their research projects, students will continue to receive cross-disciplinary training and research, and will be presented with a wide range of additional training opportunities tailored to support them at the different stages of their PhD cycle.
University of Nottingham
For full information about eligibility please visit: https://suschem-nottingham-cdt.ac.uk/index.php/apply. Or contact us on email@example.com
- An excellent research environment, with world class facilities
- Access to an extensive cross-disciplinary training programme
- Purposefully tailored Research Theme-specific technical/lab training
- Cohort approach to training with emphasis on collaborative work in smaller teams
- Access to external training, workshops and conferences
- Opportunity of external internships with national/international companies or academic/other institutions
- An annual stipend of £15,285
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.