Full-Tuition Scholarship Competition for International Students at University of Pittsburgh in USA, 2017
- 1 February 2017
The University of Pittsburgh is offering Full-Tuition Scholarship Competition for students who are admitted as a full-time freshman student for fall 2017. Students of all nationalities are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
Pitt-Greensburg offers a high-quality education with personalized attention. Expand your mind in a challenging academic environment, discover your leadership potential, and build relationships that last a lifetime.
Among the admissions requirement for international students is proficiency in English. For citizens of a country whose official language is not English, proficiency can be demonstrated by a minimum score of 550 in the paper version of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or a minimum score of 213 on the computer-based version, or a minimum score of 80 on the internet-based version of TOEFL.
Qualified students are invited to apply and participate in the competition. In order to be eligible, the student must meet the following criteria:
- Admitted as a full-time freshman student to Pitt-Greensburg before February 1, 2017 (Direct applicants only; option students are not eligible to apply).
- Achieved a cumulative high school GPA of 3.8 or higher (at the time of application).
- Scored a minimum of 1200 on SAT; 25 on ACT.
Pitt-Greensburg will award 3 full-tuition scholarships to freshmen students beginning their education in Fall 2017. The award will cover tuition only (in-state rate) for up to 4 years if the student meets renewal criteria of 3.5 GPA each academic year. This prestigious scholarship has a value of over $50,000.
The mode of application is online.
If the student meets those criteria, he/she is eligible to compete for a Full-Tuition Scholarship, and must take the following steps:
- Complete the Full-Tuition Scholarship Application Form (including essay response). The deadline for applications for the Full-Tuition Scholarship Competition is February 1, 2017.
- Submit 2 recommendations (in addition to any letters of recommendation submitted with the application for admission).
- Finalists will be selected based on the application and essay and invited to participate in an on-campus interview event on February 11, 2017.
- When applying: you will be asked to attach your essay in PDF format the above application link.
- For recommendations: we ask that you direct your references to this site to complete the recommendation form.
- Any application/materials not submitted directly online should be e-mailed toupgadmit-at-pitt.edu with the subject line: Full-Tuition Scholarship.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.