Fulbright Master’s Degree Fellowship for Citizens of Afghanistan in USA, 2018-2019
- Deadline: February 28, 2017
Applications are invited for Fulbright Master’s Degree Fellowship for 2018-2019 academic year. Citizens of Afghanistan are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
The Fulbright Program is the flagship international educational exchange program sponsored by the U.S. Government. It is designed to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Applicants must be citizens of Afghanistan and currently residing in Afghanistan.
- Applicants must have a four-year bachelor’s degree (first university) by February 28, 2017 and a strong academic background as demonstrated by their academic transcripts. Please note that if you have a three-year bachelor’s degree from any country, you are required to have at least a one-year Master’s/post-baccalaureate diploma in order to qualify.
- Applicants must score a minimum of 75 on the Internet-based TOEFL exam and submit their score with their Fulbright application.
- Applicants must submit two application essays (a Personal Statement and a Statement about Study Research Objectives) with clear goals, well-reasoned statements describing why they selected the academic field of study and how their academic plans contribute to their long-term professional goals.
- Applicants must present three letters of recommendation from their professors and/or employers (usually two from professors and one from an employer).
Test your English
Prepare for your study by taking the most popular and most accepted English language proficiency test.
The Fulbright Graduate Fellowship pays for up to two years of graduate study in the United States to earn an MA, MS, MBA/MPA, LLM or similar graduate degree. Fellows receive a tuition grant for their coursework and a monthly stipend to cover living expenses at their host institution. Fellows also receive round trip transportation and health benefits.
Submit Your Application Package to KabulScholarshipInfo-at-state.gov. Interested applicants must submit a complete application by February 28, 2017 at 11:59 PM (Kabul local time). The complete application package must be attached in one single e-mail message to KabulScholarshipInfo-at-state.gov
- One Word editable version of the application;
- Three letters of recommendation from the applicant’s professors and/or employers (two from professors and one from an employer is recommended)
- Two application essays (a Personal Statement and Study Research Objectives); and
- One PDF file that includes the entire application and the aforementioned supporting documents.
Additional Requirement for the PhD Program: Applicants must
- Have completed a Master’s degree by February 28, 2017; and
- Submit a professional writing sample (10-15 pages, in the anticipated field of study).
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.