Fulbright Global Undergraduate Exchange Scholarship Program in USA, 2017-2018
- December 31, 2016
Applications are invited for Global Undergraduate Exchange Program for 2017-2018 academic year. Citizens of Malaysia are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The program is sponsored by the U.S Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs and aims to recruit participants from underrepresented, non-elite backgrounds.
The Malaysian-American Commission on Educational Exchange (MACEE) was founded in 1963 as a binational commission for Malaysia and the United States to promote educational exchange between the two countries. MACEE’s founding document is a bilateral agreement ratified by the governments of Malaysia and the United States. MACEE is one of 50 such commissions worldwide.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Applicants must be a citizen of Malaysia.
- Applicants must be studying in Malaysia.
- Scholarships will be granted to students who currently are enrolled in full-time undergraduate programs only, having completed a minimum of their first semester of study. Participants must have at least one semester or an equivalent term to complete at their home institutions upon completion of the Global UGRAD Program.
- Applicants should demonstrate leadership potential through academic work, community involvement, and extracurricular activities.
- Applicants must demonstrate a command of written and spoken English. The TOEFL exam will be required of those selected as finalists or alternates.
- Preference will be given to those who have had little or NO experience in the U.S. or outside of their home countries.
- Applicants must be committed to returning directly to their home country after the completion of the program.
- Applicants are over 18 years of age.
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
The scholarship will cover international travel, tuition, room and board, accident/sickness insurance, a small monthly stipend, and funding for books.
The mode of application is online.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.