FUB offers 15 Postdoctoral Fellowships for International Students
- Deadline: March 15, 2017
Dahlem Research School offers 15 Postdoc Fellowships; each research fellowship will be awarded for 14 months at Free University in Berlin, Germany. The call is open to experienced researchers of all disciplines and all nationalities.
The Free University is one of the eleven German universities, which in 2012 cut off got successful in the excellence initiative of the federal and state governments.
The aim of the Free University of Berlin is to offer scholars, scientists, and students the best possible conditions for studying and research. Continuous organisational development in the academic and administrative fields helps the university in meeting this goal.
In most courses at the Free University of Berlin are conducted in German. In order to successfully complete modules and courses, applicants must first demonstrate sufficient German language skills.
The call is open to experienced researchers of all disciplines and all nationalities who
- hold a doctoral degree (the dissertation must already be submitted and proof of this must be available by the application deadline)
- completed their doctoral degree no longer than four years prior to the deadline (the date on the doctoral certificate applies)
- have at least six months international research experience, three months of which must be an uninterrupted stay.
Female postdoctoral researchers and returnees from phases of international mobility or after a career break e.g. due to family reasons are especially encouraged to apply.
Test your English
Prepare for your study by taking the most popular and most accepted English language proficiency test.
- 14 months, starting from November 1, 2017
- Employment contract at level TV-L FU E13 (which refers to the collective agreement for the public area of Berlin and translates into an annual net salary of approx. 25.600 to 33.400 Euro, depending on previous work experience and marital status)
- Social security and health insurance included
- An annual research allowance (3.600 Euro for office based/7.200 Euro for field-trip based/ 10.800 Euro for lab-based projects)
- Travel allowance for research stays of up to six months at an international research institution
- One-time reimbursement of travel costs when moving to Berlin.
Number of Scholarships: Up to 15 fellowships will be awarded.
To apply, please register with the DRS online application platform (on the DRS webpage), fill out the online application form and upload all required documents. Incomplete applications and applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.