Frederick Soddy Award - Royal Geographical Society
- Fully Funded
- NaN undefined NaN
The Frederick Soddy Postgraduate Award provides up to £6,000 to support a PhD student/group of PhD students carrying out fieldwork/research on 'the study of the social, economic, and cultural life of a region’ - anywhere in the world.
The Frederick Soddy Trust (www.soddy.org) announces an award of £6,000 for fieldwork/research which lies within the rubric of the objects of the Frederick Soddy Trust: ‘the study of the social, economic and cultural life of a region’ anywhere in the world.
Applications are invited from postgraduate students. Projects may be submitted from an individual or a small group working together.
This award is administered by the RGS-IBG on behalf of the Trust. Each year one award will be made of up to £6,000, though this sum could in certain circumstances be split between two applicants.
The application deadline is 18 January.
- The awards supportfieldwork/researchin the UK or overseas.
- Applicants must be UK/EU nationals.
- Applicants must currently be registeredfor a PhD. Applicants registered on MPhil or other Masters courses are noteligible.
- Grants are available to individuals or small groups working together.
- Re-application for the same project is not permitted.
- Awards cannot be made retrospectively.
- Project expenses covered by the award can include, but are not limited to, travel, subsistence, equipment and field assistants.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Up to £6,000.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.