Frederick Soddy Award - Royal Geographical Society
- Fully Funded
- NaN undefined NaN
The Frederick Soddy Postgraduate Award provides up to £6,000 to support a PhD student/group of PhD students carrying out fieldwork/research on 'the study of the social, economic, and cultural life of a region’ - anywhere in the world.
The Frederick Soddy Trust (www.soddy.org) announces an award of £6,000 for fieldwork/research which lies within the rubric of the objects of the Frederick Soddy Trust: ‘the study of the social, economic and cultural life of a region’ anywhere in the world.
Applications are invited from postgraduate students. Projects may be submitted from an individual or a small group working together.
This award is administered by the RGS-IBG on behalf of the Trust. Each year one award will be made of up to £6,000, though this sum could in certain circumstances be split between two applicants.
The application deadline is 18 January.
- The awards supportfieldwork/researchin the UK or overseas.
- Applicants must be UK/EU nationals.
- Applicants must currently be registeredfor a PhD. Applicants registered on MPhil or other Masters courses are noteligible.
- Grants are available to individuals or small groups working together.
- Re-application for the same project is not permitted.
- Awards cannot be made retrospectively.
- Project expenses covered by the award can include, but are not limited to, travel, subsistence, equipment and field assistants.
Up to £6,000.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.