FEBE International Engineering and Technology Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship
- Up to AU$18,000
- 31 December 2020
The FEBE International Engineering and Technology Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship has been established to encourage and support academically gifted International students to study a postgraduate coursework program with the Faculty.
This scholarship is open to new International students as well as those international students who have completed undergraduate studies with UON.
The Engineering and Technology Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship offers a partial fee-waiver, valued at up to AU$6,000 per year (AU$3,000 per semester) for up to 3 years.
Scholarships will be awarded automatically to students on the basis of academic merit upon enrolling in any of the postgraduate programs listed below:
- Master of Professional Engineering all streams
- Master of Information Technology (MIT)
- Master of Cyber Security
The University of Newcastle, Australia
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in any year of an eligible Engineering or Technology Postgraduate Coursework program with UON.
- Be studying on-campus with University of Newcastle in Australia.
- Be an International full-fee paying student.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Meet the tiered GPA entry level requirements (minimum GPA of 4.5).
- Not hold another scholarship for the same program of equivalent or more substantial benefit in current or previous study.
- Not hold any other FEBE fee waiver scholarships, with the exception of the FEBE Alumni Family or FEBE Family Scholarships.
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
The scholarship benefit received will vary depending on your GPA at entry:
- AUD$3,000 payable as tuition fee waiver, for each semester of eligible study for students with GPA 5.5 at entry.
- AUD$2,000 payable as tuition fee waiver, for each semester of eligible study for students with GPA 5.0 at entry.
- AUD$1,000 payable as tuition fee waiver, for each semester of eligible study for students with GPA 4.5 at entry.
The total scholarship benefit ranges from $6000 to $18,000 over the maximum three (3) year duration of the scholarship, provided eligibility is maintained. The approved benefit at time of entry does not change during the tenure of your scholarship.
The advertised number of scholarships available is indicative only - FEBE will aim to support all students who meet the criteria subject to available funding.
No application is required for this scholarship.
- Scholarships will be awarded automatically to students upon application to study an eligible FEBE, Engineering or Technology Postgraduate Coursework degree program at the University of Newcastle.
- Scholarship offers will be made on the basis of academic merit and benefit received will be scaled as outlined under Benefit.
- Scholars receiving this scholarship will not be eligible for any other FEBE funded fee waiver scholarships, with the exception of the FEBE International Alumni and Family scholarship.
- The Faculty reserves the right not to award a scholarship.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.