Fast-Track at UNPAD : Study of Magnetic Properties of Electron-Doped Superconductor Eu2-xCexCuO4
- Master, Phd
- Tuition fee, living allowance + benefits
- 17 June 2021
Information: This scholarship is funded by Universitas Padjadjaran - Indonesia
Subject Areas: Physics
Project Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Risdiana, S.Si., M.Eng.
Project Tittle: Study of Magnetic Properties of Electron-Doped Superconductor Eu2-xCexCuO4
Superconductivity is a phenomenon found in some materials showing zero electrical resistivity when they are cooled down to sufficiently low temperatures. The superconductor is a promising material for future applications, especially for energy-saving and high-performance power storage devices. The single-layer cuprates of high-temperature superconductors discovered in 1986 were called 214 cuprates. There are two types of 214 cuprates, namely, hole- and electron-doped cuprates. Some properties such as transport and magnetic properties were already clarified in hole-doped cuprates, while the information about those properties in electron-doped cuprates is still lacking. The possible reasons are some difficulties in preparing high-quality samples and controlling oxygen content in the samples of electron-doped cuprates.
The study of electron-doped cuprates has been of great interest in relation to the mechanism of superconductivity. The studies of physical properties through the partial substitution of non-magnetic impurities such as Zn for Cu in both systems are one of the important ways to elucidate the mechanism of superconductivity in 214 cuprates. Therefore, we propose to study the effects of partial substitution of non-magnetic impurity Zn for Cu to the magnetic properties in electron-doped superconducting cuprates of Eu2-xCexCu1-yZnyO4 (ECCZO).
During the 4 years of research, the polycrystalline samples of ECCZO will be synthesized with variations of x in the range between 0.09 and 0.25 with an impurity value of y = 0 - 0.10. XRD characterization and susceptibility measurements will be carried out to study various physical properties such as the structure and magnetic properties of the material. The target of output during 4 research are technological and scientific products. Technological products are in the form of superconducting materials and the findings of their physical properties, while scientific products are scientific publications in reputable international journals with quartiles 1 to 3.
- This scholarship is open to candidates of any nationality;
- Applicants should hold a minimum of Bachelor's degree (or its equivalent) in Physics. However, other related discipline with relevant experience will be considered.;
- Age limit: Applicants must be under 31 years old;
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 (out of 4) or equivalent. Academic transcripts are required from every college you have attended for at least one academic year as a full-time student. Your transcripts should be uploaded as a scanned copy or PDF. Please ensure that the degree conferral date and the degree conferred is clearly visible on the document.
- English Language Requirements:
- You need to achieve the minimum scores shown for any of the English language tests below:
- Minimum overall score for International TOEFL (Paper-Based Test): 525 OR;
- Minimum overall score for International TOEFL (Internet-Based Test): 70 OR;
- Minimum overall score for International TOEFL (Computer-Based Test): 190 OR;
- Minimum overall score for International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic: 6.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
- Tuition fees for the Master's and Doctoral Program in Universitas Padjadjaran;
- Monthly Living allowance IDR 2.500.000 for 4 (four) years during the Master's and Doctoral Program;
- 1 (one) time return airfare ticket to and from Jakarta Indonesia (from and to the candidate's nearest international airport);
- Health insurance for 4 (four) years, during the Master's and Doctoral Program;
- There will be additional funds available for research expenses for 4 (four) years during the Master's and Doctoral program.
To apply, please complete and submit the following documents to email@example.com, and address the email for your application as 'Padjadjaran Excellence Fastrack Scholarship – Risdiana':
- Degree certificates and transcripts;
- Two letter of recommendations. Applicants are required to submit two letters of recommendation. These recommendations should be written by people who have supervised you in an academic, employment, or community service setting. Your recommendations should directly address your suitability for admission to a postgraduate program at Universitas Padjadjaran;
- Statement of Purpose. Your statement should be typed, single-spaced and should be between two to three pages. Describe your reasons for applying to the proposed program, your preparation for this field of study, and explain why the position particularly matches your skills and experience, and how you choose to develop the project, which may aid the admissions committee in evaluating your motivation for postgraduate study.
- 2-page Curriculum Vitae;
- Certificate of Proficiency in English; and
- Other supporting documents.
If you require any further information with regard to this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.