Information: This scholarship is funded by Universitas Padjadjaran - Indonesia
Subject Areas: Physics
Project Title: Nanobubbles-based Biofilter Technology for Wastewater Treatment
Project Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Eng. I Made Joni, M.Sc.
Water is one of the most elements of life, however as the population of the world has increased caused scarcity of clean. Thus, handling a clean water quality is one of the key challenges to provide an efficient Urban Wastewater Treatment (UWWT) system that allows water reuse by recycling treated wastewater for beneficial purposes, such as agricultural and landscape irrigation, industrial processes, and toilet. This research focus on the design and investigation of Nanobubbles-based biofilter technology to enhance biofilm activities, break down nutrients (e.g., nitrogen and phosphorous-containing compounds) and organic carbon as well as capture other unwanted contaminants in the influent water. The investigation includes the effect of Nanobubbles on the growth of the biofilm and its performance in the degradation of pollutants. The study also includes the capability of nanobubbles to deliver a cost-effective wastewater solution to enhance treatment processes, aeration, or flotation systems to improve energy efficiency.
Duolingo English Test
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities around the world.
Take A Free Practice Test!
- Tuition fees for the Master's and Doctoral Program in Universitas Padjadjaran;
- Monthly living allowance IDR 2.500.000 for 4 (four) years during the Master's and Doctoral Program;
- 1 (one) time return airfare ticket to and from Jakarta Indonesia (from and to the candidate's nearest international airport);
- Health insurance for 4 (four) years, during the Master's and Doctoral Program;
- There will be additional funds available for research expenses for 4 (four) years during the Master's and Doctoral program.
To apply, please complete and submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org, and address the email for your application as 'Padjadjaran Excellence Fastrack Scholarship – I Made Joni':
- Degree certificates and transcripts;
- Two letter of recommendations. Applicants are required to submit two letters of recommendation. These recommendations should be written by people who have supervised you in an academic, employment, or community service setting. Your recommendations should directly address your suitability for admission to a postgraduate program at Universitas Padjadjaran;
- Statement of Purpose. Your statement should be typed, single-spaced and should be between two to three pages. Describe your reasons for applying to the proposed program, your preparation for this field of study, and explain why the position particularly matches your skills and experience, and how you choose to develop the project, which may aid the admissions committee in evaluating your motivation for postgraduate study.
- 2-page Curriculum Vitae;
- Certificate of Proficiency in English; and
- Other supporting documents.
If you require any further information with regard to this, please contact email@example.com.