Faculty of Engineering and Design Research Studentships at University of Bath in UK, 2017-2018
- Deadline: March 15, 2017
The University of Bath is offering research studentships at the Faculty of Engineering and Design. These studentships are available to new UK, EU or overseas students for the academic year 2017-2018.
University s mission is to deliver world-class research and teaching, educating our students to become future leaders and innovators, and benefiting the wider population through research, enterprise and influence.
The University of Bath received its Royal Charter in 1966 and is now firmly established as a top ten UK university with a reputation for research and teaching excellence.
For most programmes, the requirement for non-native English speakers is 6.5 in the IELTS Academic English test, with no less than 6.0 in any element.
If student’s first language is not English they must meet any English language requirements before funding can be considered.
Funding is very competitive. Students will need
- An extremely strong first degree
- A detailed research proposal, indicating the supervisor-student would like to work with
- A strong application
Test your English
Prepare for your study by taking the most popular and most accepted English language proficiency test. Schedule an IELTS test >
Funding lasts for three years, including
- Full tuition fees
- Annual training support fee
- Maintenance stipend £14,296 pa (2016/7 rate) for Home/EU only (no stipend for overseas fee status)
To apply, students must use the online application form. They will be asked to create an account before they can start the process. On the application form they will be asked for:
- Personal details
- Passport details if you need a Tier 4 visa
- Intended start date
- Finance and funding plans
- Education details
- Proof of English level if English is not your first language
- Details of intended research and the name of intended supervisor
- Names and contact details of your referees, including at least one from academia if you have recently been studying
- Supporting documents.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.