Faculty of Arts Cross Disciplinary Research Scholarships (CDRS) - University of Leeds
- Fully Funded
- 10 March 2017
Two Faculty of Arts Cross Disciplinary Research Scholarships will be available for UK/EU/International students for doctoral study commencing in October 2017.
These scholarships have been created to meet a need for studentships for postgraduate research proposals that clearly cross two Schools within the Faculty of Arts.
We welcome scholarship applications from all suitably-qualified candidates, but UK black and minority ethnic (BME) researchers are currently under-represented in our Postgraduate Research community, and we would therefore particularly encourage applications from UK BME candidates. All scholarships will be awarded on the basis of merit.
The Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Cultures (English, History, LCS, PRHS) Graduate School is seeking applicants that fulfil the following criteria:
- Applicants MUST have submitted a research degree study application form and be in receipt of a Student ID Number.
- Applicants MUST have submitted an application for a Faculty of Arts Cross Disciplinary Research Scholarship to their Lead School.
- Applicants MUST have a named Supervisor in both their Lead and Partner Schools.
- Applicants must hold a First Degree at undergraduate level equivalent to at least a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must meet the School’s English Language requirements (prior to or at registration).
- These awards are not open to individuals who have already been awarded or are currently studying for a Doctoral degree.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
The award will cover fees at the University of Leeds standard UK rate; pro-rata if part-time. Fees for 2017/18 will be £4,250.(Fees may rise during the course of your candidature: this will be by no more than the rate of inflation, calculated according to the Retail Price Index). Maintenance £14,296 in Session 2016/17+ for full-time study, part-time will be pro-rata. Duration of Scholarship Full-time or part-time - 3* years in total for full-time; part-time 5** years in total. *The award will be made for one year in the first instance and renewable for a further period of up to two years, subject to satisfactory academic progress; ** the award is tenable for 24 months (two calendar years) in the first instance and is renewable annually for a maximum period of five years subject to satisfactory academic progress.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.