This is a non-repayable award of £2,100 or equivalent benefit package given every year for a total of three years. The scholarship is awarded to those with an annual residual household income of less than £42,600, who have achieved results of AAB or higher in three A-Levels (not including General Studies), or equivalent.Information on how your household income is calculated is available here.
We regret that the following groups of students are ineligible for the University of Hull Excellence Scholarship.
- Students who fail to submit information to permit calculation of RHI or whose assessment gives an RHI of £42,600 or more p.a.
- Students directly continuing from one course to another (for example from foundation degree to HND onto the second or final year of an honours degree)
- Students transferring in from another institution
- Students undertaking a postgraduate qualification
- Students from Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands or Isle of Man
- Part time students studying at less than 25% intensity of the full-time equivalent
- Any other student whose fees are paid or part-paid through a sponsorship arrangement
- Students on courses funded by NHS
- Students who have previously undertaken HE
- Any student not paying £9,000 per year tuition fee (including pro rata p/t)
- Foundation Year students (students undertaking their Foundation Year at the University of Hull will be considered on entering the ‘first year’ of their degree)
- Foundation Degree students
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.