ESA offers students a wide range of work placement options. Applicants should be on the verge of completing their Bachelors degree, or be in the first half of their Masters course. In general, technical opportunities are available at ESTEC, ESOC, ESAC and ESRIN. There are also a limited number of non-technical opportunities at EAC.
If you are interested in a student placement, please complete the online application form, and send it via e-mail to any of ESA's main Establishments listed below. You should include your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would like to work at ESA.
Candidates are selected by the relevant department. ESTEC will contact the selected candidates to offer them a student placement within four months after the closing date for applications. The starting date is made by mutual agreement and can be anytime within the following year. Candidates must be a citizen of one of the ESA Members States or from one of the European Cooperating States.
Terms and conditions
- Internships last from three to six months, preference being given to longer internships. In exceptional cases, it may be possible to grant an internship of up to nine months in order to meet the specific requirements of an educational institution.
- Students are normally given one internship during their studies, however this can be split into two parts provided that the total duration does not exceed six months.
- Internships are unpaid, however a daily allowance is granted of €20 for non-residents and €10 for residents. A non-resident is defined as someone living more than 50 km from the establishment.
- Interns have to provide their own health insurance, accident insurance and travel expenses.
- Interns are responsible for finding their own accommodation. Students have the opportunity to apply for and to perform up to two work placements during their studies.
- Fields of study
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Start preparing for IELTS today