ERP Study Scholarships for Graduates of Economics and Business Administration
ERP Study Scholarships are sponsored by the Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology (BMWi) to provide foreign graduates of Economics and Business Administration with opportunities to complete a postgraduate or Masters degree course at a state (public) or state-recognised German higher education institution and to gain a degree in Germany (Master).
- Applications for DAAD ERP scholarships are open to excellently-qualified graduates who, at the latest when they commence their scholarship-supported studies, hold a first degree (Bachelor's, Diplom or comparable academic degree). No more than six years should generally have passed between the time when they gained their degree and the time of this application.
- Besides previous academic achievements, the most important selection criterion is a convincing presentation of the applicant's academic and personal reasons for the planned study project in Germany.
- Appicants must apply to three host universities for admission to studies.
- Applications must either include the notification of admission issued by the German host institution for the desired degree course, or, if this is not the case, then the notification of admission must be presented to the DAAD before the scholarship-supported studies begin. The scholarship award letter from the DAAD only becomes effective once the holder has been admitted to studies. If the degree programme includes a several month long stay abroad, funding for this stay abroad will only be considered if it takes place in an EU Country (not in the home country) and lasts a maximum of 6 months and covers a maximum of 25 per cent of the scholarship term. Courses of studies which don't come up to these formal criterions cannot be chosen.
- Please note that (parallel to applying for a scholarship) you must personally apply to your chosen host universities for Admission to Studies. So, please make sure that you observe the application deadlines for the chosen degree programme.
- If several Admissions Letters are received, the DAAD will decide, in agreement with the universities, where the scholarship holder is placed.
- Good proven German language skills are a requirement for studying in Germany. Exceptions are possible when scholarship holders are enrolled in degree courses which are instructed in English. If the applicant's language skills are not sufficient the DAAD may fund attendance of a German language course at a language school in Germany before the scholarship-supported studies begin. In that case the attendence is obligatory. This is free of charge to the scholarship holder.
- Applicants, who have been resident in Germany for longer than one year at the time of application, cannot be considered.
- Scholarship payments of 750 euros a month
- Study allowance of 460 euros a year
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance
- Payment of tuition fees and semester fees of up to 500 euros per semester
- Upon decision of the selection committee the DAAD may fund attendance of a German language course at a language school in Germany before the scholarship-supported studies begin.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.