Ernst Mach Grant for students from non-European countries
The Ernst Mach Grants are named after the famous Austrian physicist and philosopher Ernst Mach (1838-1916). It consists of two sub-programmes, the Ernst Mach Grant worldwide and the Ernst Mach Grant for studying at an Austrian University of Applied Sciences (“Fachhochschule”).
Both are financed by the Austrian Federal Ministry of Education and Science (BMWF). Applications have to be submitted online and then a board of representatives of the BMWF and the OeAD awards the Ernst Mach Grants based on the results of the assessment procedure. The duration of the grants vary according to the regulations of the sub-programmes
The program is open to applicants:
- who study a master Programme or have successfully completed at least 4 semesters of studies within a bachelor/diploma Programme by the time of taking up the grant
- who are studying at a university in one of the eligible countries
- maximum age limit: 35 years (born on or after Oct. 1st, 1979),
- applicants must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant,
- proficiency in the language of instruction (German or English), particularly in the respective subject area, is a prerequisite.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Monthly grant rate 940 EUR
Accident and health insurance, accommodation:
If necessary, the Austrian Agency for International Cooperation in Education & Research (OeAD-GmbH) will take out an accident and health insurance on behalf of the grant recipient.
The OeAD-GmbH will endeavor to provide accommodation, monthly costs: 220 to 470 EUR. An administration fee of 18 EUR per month is payable to the OeAD-GmbH for arranging accommodation. The costs for insurance and accommodation have to be paid out of the grant by the recipient of the grant.
Recipients of grants are exempted from paying tuition fees.
Recipients of grants from non-European developing countries will also receive a travel costs subsidy of 730 EUR maximum.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.