ERCIM, the European Research Consortium for Informatics and Mathematics, offers fellowships for PhD holders from all over the world.
Topics cover most disciplines in Computer Science, Information Technology, and Applied Mathematics.
- have obtained a PhD degree during the last 8 years (prior to the application deadline) or be in the last year of the thesis work with an outstanding academic record
- be fluent in English
- be discharged or get deferment from military service
- the fellowship is restricted to two terms (one reselection possible)
- have completed the PhD before starting the grant (a proof will be requested).
We encourage not only researchers from academic institutions to apply, but also scientists working in industry.
In order to encourage mobility:
- a member institute will not be eligible to host a candidate of the same nationality.
- a candidate cannot be hosted by a member institute, if by the start of the fellowship, he or she has already worked in this institute for a total of 6 months or more, during the last 3 years.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Amount of scholarship varies per country
Costs for travelling to and from the institutes Costs for travelling to and from the host institutions will be reimbursed on the basis of an economic class airplane ticket or first class train ticket. Travel by car will be reimbursed on the basis of a first class train ticket. No moving expenses are allocated. The limit is 500 euro per trip (2 trips for the 12 months scheme).
Participation in scientific conferences The Fellow is encouraged to attend and to submit papers to scientific conferences during his or her fellowship. ERCIM-EEIG will cover registration costs and travelling expenses up to a maximum sum calculated at a rate of 100 Euro per month under the condition that the fellow has an accepted paper at the conference.
Fellowship seminar Fellows have to participate once at the yearly fellowship seminar organised by ERCIM. The seminars will offer training on a range of non-scientific skills which could cover topics such as personal development courses, IPR issues, communication, presentation and mentoring techniques, career development, etc. Travel and accomodation expenses are covered by ERCIM (up to a limit of 1000 euro).
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.