Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Fully Funded Scholarships for International Students, 2017
- 17 February 2017
Applications are inviting for fully funded scholarships for the next academic year of the EM JMD ACES programme, starting in September 2017. Applications from EU and non-EU candidates are welcome – the programme is aimed at students from all over the world.
The Erasmus Mundus AquaCulture, Environment and Society Joint Master Degree has been designed to address the major scientific, technological and social obstactles facing the sustainable development of the global aquaculture industry.
This full-time, 2 year course is specifically targeted at highly talented European and international students with a Bachelors degree (or equivalent) in one of the fields of aquaculture, marine science, marine biology, biology, environmental or social sciences, who wish to advance their skills.
Our Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree in AquaCulture, Environment and Society (EM JMD ACES) will give you a unique opportunity to study in the United Kingdom, Crete and France, as well as allowing you to gain the practical and theoretical skills needed for a successful career in aquaculture through industry-le
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- The Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree in AquaCulture, Environment and Society is open to students who meet the following minimum conditions:
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in one of the fields of environmental or social sciences. An appropriate background could include; Aquaculture-related studies, Marine Science, Aquatic Biology, Biology, Environmental Sciences or Marine Resources, Environmental Economics and Environmental Policy. You should have a bachelor degree at the time of application for the scholarship, i.e. by 17 February 2017.
- English competence equivalent to 6.5 Academic IELTS (with a minimum of 6.0 in all four components).
- We particularly welcome applications from mature students and/or those with practical working experience in the aquaculture industry.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Scholarships will cover tuition fees, living and travel expenses.
If you are interested in applying for a place on the Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree in AquaCulture, Environment and Society, you must study our page covering eligibility requirements. If you meet the requirements, then please follow the process below. If you are unsure or have any questions, contact us at ACES-at-sams.ac.uk.
To apply for a place on the programmme, you will need to download and complete in full TWO application forms. Both forms must be completed in English and then emailed, along with all supporting documents, as a single PDF file to Helen Bury at ACES-at-sams.ac.uk. Please note that there is no separate application process for the Erasmus Mundus JMD scholarships.
If you obtained your degree from a university or institution from outside the United Kingdom, we will normally accept the equivalent qualification from a recognised university. If you are uncertain about whether your qualification(s) and/or experience are equivalent to or meet the requirements of the EM JMD ACES programme, please contact us at ACES-at-sams.ac.uk
The following documents should be emailed as a single PDF file:
- Completed EM JMD ACES-Application-Form-2017 (in Microsoft Word) in English, including a 350-word statement of motivation and 350-word essay reflecting on your professional experience and understanding of the issue facing the aquaculture industry;
- Completed UHI Application 2016 -Web (applicable for ALL students, including European). This is a standard UHI application form, which needs to be completed in English. However, for the Course Details section please insert UHI-SAMS; and please leave blank the Personal Statement in this form as this information will be included in the EM JMD ACES application form above;
- Curriculum vitae (CV) in freestyle format;
- A professional reference;
- Copy of your passport;
- Copy of your degree certificate (plus certified translation into English if applicable);
- Copy of your transcript of marks (plus certified translation into English if applicable); and
- Copy of your IELTS certificate which is valid until the end of Sept 2017 (you must have obtained this qualification, with an overall score of 6.5, by the time you apply for the ACES course).
- Please read the information about statements and references.
- Certified translations: If any of your documents (e.g. official degree certificate, transcript or professional reference) were not issued in English, then you will need to provide a certified translation that is verified by your university, an official translator, embassy or lawyer. This translation may be checked by the EM JMD ACES admissions team. Misleading translations can lead to the rejection of otherwise eligible and complete applications.
Job Homepage Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree in AquaCulture, Environment and Society (EM JMD ACES
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.