Engineering: Fully Funded PhD Scholarship
- Funding covers UK/EU tuition fees plus stipend
- 15 August 2020
Engineering: Fully Funded PhD Scholarship: Digital Twin for Multiphase Flow in Construction, Energy and Manufacturing
A PhD scholarship is available to investigate and combine advances in computational modelling, data analysis, artificial intelligence, lab tests and field trials in order to improve the understanding of multiphase flow processes in construction, energy and manufacturing.
Research objectives include:
- Develop high-fidelity numerical models for multiphase flow systems encountered in construction, energy, and manufacturing space.
- Investigate the application of machine learning and artificial intelligence tools in engineering simulation.
- Study the underlying physics and practical complications through lab tests and field trials.
- Implement and demonstrate these methods and data on a unique large-scale case study in construction engineering, which is already operational and involves over 20 industrial leaders in UK, Europe, and USA.
Besides the opportunity to receive training and explore the above areas, the PhD student will benefit from working in a large research team of diverse expertise and collaborating closely with industrial leaders such as ARUP, LUSAS Software, Costain, the European Federation of Foundation Contractors (EFFC), and the Deep foundation Institute (DFI) in America.
Candidates should have a 2.1 undergraduate degree (and preferably a Master's level degree) (or equivalent) in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or Computer Science.
We would normally expect the academic and English Language requirements (IELTS 6.5 overall with 5.5+ in each component) to be met by point of application. For details on the University’s English Language entry requirements, please visit our website.
**Due to funding restrictions, this scholarship is open to UK/EU candidates only.
**EU nationals are required to be ordinarily resident in the UK for at least 3 years prior to the start of the scholarship.
This scholarship covers the full cost of UK/EU tuition fees and an annual stipend of £15,285 for three years.
Allowance is provided for research consumables and conference attendance.
For further information please visit our website.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.