EMJMD in Pervasive Computing and Communications for Sustainable Development (PERCCOM)
- Fully Funded
- 10 January 2017
The Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD) in Pervasive Computing and Communications for Sustainable Development (PERCCOM) aims at combining advanced Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) with environmental awareness to enable world-class education and unique competences for ICT professionals who can build cleaner, greener, more resource and energy efficient cyber-physical systems.
The objectives of PERCCOM Master include:
1. To address educational challenges and attract students according to the new market demand expressed by OECD in the reports on “OECD Information Technology Outlook 2010” and “The 2011 Gartner Scenario: Current States and Future Directions of the IT Industry”, by the European Commission adopted in 2009 a recommendation saying the ICT sector should lead the transition to an energy-efficient and low-carbon economy, and by companies developing new green ICT projects (Cf 2009 Gartner report: The Impact of Recession on Green IT: Survey Results).
2. To synergise the strengths, competence and diverse aspects of education in sustainable networks, software and services, pervasive computing systems and communications and develop a common platform of competence within the guidelines of the Bologna process,
3. To provide future Masters students with competences, skills and knowledge in computer communications, wireless networking, mobile technologies, software engineering, pervasive and distributed systems, and to make them aware of the impact that ICT makes on the environment and efficient use of resources.
The Course will be open for all applicants around the world. The eligibility requirements have been recognized by all Consortium universities and are the following:
- The Masters Course is open to European and non European excellent students having acquired a BSc in mathematics, physics, computer sciences, automatic control and related fields.
- Bachelor’s degree of at least 180 ECTS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Automatic/ Electrical/ Electronics Engineering or Information Technology or a closely related area.
- Knowledge of computer networking, programming and operating systems is recommended.
- The grade average of the previous study should prove high qualification of the applicant. This will normally be the case for a grade average of ‘B’ or better in terms of the ECTS grading scale.
English Language :
Applicants need to prove that they have sufficient fluency in English.
The Erasmus+ programme proposes two kinds of scholarships : the programme country scholarships and the partner country scholarships. Scholarship holders from Programme Countries: Contribution to travel costs: 1000€ per year Full coverage of the EM PERCCOM participation costs : 4000 € per year (including Universities fees, Full Insurance coverage) Contribution to subsistence costs(*): 1000 € per month for the entie duration of PERCCOM program (= 24 months) Scholarship holders from Partner Countries: Contribution to travel, installation and any other type of costs: 2000 € per year if student’s location is less than 4000 km away from Nancy (France), the coordinating institution. 3000 € per year if student’s location is more than 4000 km away from Nancy (France), the coordinating institution. Installation costs : 1000€ Full coverage of the EM PERCCOM participation costs : 8000 € per year (including Universities fees, Full Insurance coverage) Contribution to subsistence costs(*): 1000 € per month for the entie duration of PERCCOM program (= 24 months)
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.