Sciences Po created the Émile Boutmy scholarship, named after the founder of Sciences Po (1871), in order to welcome the very best international students from outside the European Union.
Émile Boutmy Scholarship
- PHD, Master, Bachelor
- 29 November 2023
The Paris Institute of Political Studies, commonly referred to as Sciences Po Paris or just Sciences Po, is a higher education institution and grand établissement located in France.All Scholarships from Sciences Po
To be eligible for the scholarship, students must be:
- First time applicants, from a non-European Union state, whose household does not file taxes within the European Union, and who have been admitted to the Undergraduate or Master's programme.
Students who are not eligible are:
- Swiss and Norwegian applicants, since they may be entitled to CROUS scholarships
- Candidates who have dual citizenship, including an EU citizenship
- Candidates from Quebec for master’s degree (since they may take advantage of sliding scale fees same as European applicants). Candidates from Quebec for a bachelor’s degree are eligible
Master’s level dual-degree candidates. Only applicants for the following dual degrees are eligible:
- The dual degree in Journalism Sciences Po/Columbia University
- The dual degree Sciences Po/Fudan University with the concentration Europe-Asia in Global Affairs (only applicants with Chinese nationality)
- The dual degree Sciences Po/Peking University (only applicants with Chinese nationality)
Ph.D. programme students (thesis)
- Candidates for the 1 year Master's programmes
- Bachelor dual degree candidates (unless as part of a specific agreement)
- Exchange students
- Candidates applying via the French graduate admission procedure
- The Émile Boutmy scholarship may not be combined with other scholarships (Eiffel scholarship, AEFE scholarship, BGF...).
- This scholarship is awarded based on merit and according to the type of profile sought for this programme. Social criteria may also be taken into account.
Duolingo English Test
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities around the world.
The Émile Boutmy programme can take several different forms:
A tuition grant of €14,210 per year for the three years of the undergraduate programme.
A tuition grant of €9,500 per year for the three years of the undergraduate programme.
A tuition grant of €6,500 per year for the three years of the undergraduate programme.
A tuition grant of €3,900 per year for the three years of the undergraduate programme.
The Émile Boutmy programme is a tuition grant of €13,100 per year which covers part of the tuition fees for the two years of the Master's degree programme.
Deadline for undergraduate programme (applicants from foreign secondary schools): 22 February 2023.
Deadline for undergraduate programme (applicants from French secondary schools): 10 April 2023.
Deadline for master programme: 30 November 2022.
No application requests will be accepted after the deadline.