Edgeworth Graduate Student Scholarships for EU Students at Maynooth University
- 22 June 2021
The Department of Economics offers four (4) partial scholarships to students who will start the full-time MSc Economics Programme (PAC Code: MHH52) in September 2021. One scholarship will be reserved for a non-EU applicant.
EU student scholarships are primarily merit-based while evaluation of the candidates will be wholistic, promoting gender balance and equal opportunity of access to graduate level education in case of financial need. The scholarship for the non-EU student will be allocated purely based on merit.
1. Applicants must satisfy the entry requirements of the full-time MSc Economics Programme in the Department of Economics.
Please see: https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/economics/our-courses/msc-economics
2. Applicants must achieve a minimum 2.1 overall result in their level eight honours undergraduate degree (or equivalent of) to be considered for the award. If the applicant has not graduated yet, the transcript needs to report all grades (marks) up to the most recent completed term of their studies. Evidence of competence in mathematics, statistics and econometrics will also be valued in the assessment process.
3. The scholarship application must be accompanied by an application for the MSc Economics Programme in the Department of Economics via the online portal PAC. A scholarship application only without the programme application via PAC will not be considered.
Please see: http://www.pac.ie/maynoothuniversity
4. Both Maynooth and non-Maynooth University graduates are eligible to apply.
5. The scholarship may not be deferred.
6. Successful applicants must demonstrate their willingness to fulfil future ambassadorial duties for the Department of Economics such as attending University Open Days or assisting in advertising this scholarship to future applicants.
7. Eligible applicants who can demonstrate financial need, must include a max 150-word paragraph to support the request.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
€5,000 tuition fee reduction.
All documents (Application form, academic transcripts, reference letters) should be uploaded as part of the PAC online application process for the MSc Economics Programme by the application deadline of the scholarship.
In addition to the PAC application to the MSc Economics Programme, the applicant for the Edgeworth Graduate Student Scholarship, must write an email to:
- and cc the email to:
with a short statement of purpose (around 150 words). And if the applicant wishes financial need to be considered in the scholarship application, the applicant needs to also include a statement of financial need (max 150 words).
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.