ECU PhD Scholarship in Structural Engineering Research for International Students
- Bachelor, Master
The project will focus on the structural performance of such fastening systems installed and/or loaded in early age concrete, where the behaviour of the substrate and hence the performance of the fastening system may be different from those of mature concrete. The research will also explore solutions to challenges identified through the use of (e.g.) nonlinear numerical modelling and statistical analysis of experimental results derived from this project. You will be supervised by a team of experts from both the School of Engineering at Edith Cowan University and AEFAC.
Edith Cowan University
Candidates are required to have the following skills in order to undertake the project:
- either a Bachelor degree with First or Upper Second Class Honours, or, a Master by Research degree, and have strong competencies in finite element analysis, concrete material and fracture mechanics.
The successful applicant will receive a scholarship of $28,420 per year for 3.5 years, tuition fee sponsorship valued at $34,250 per year, and overseas health cover for international students.
To apply please send your expression of interest to us. Put "PhD Scholarship Opportunity (Structural Engineering Research)" in the subject line.
Your expression of interest should include the following:
- A cover letter describing your interest in the field;
- An up to date CV containing your contact details;
- Academic transcript (s); and
- Relevant supporting documents of prior research (e.g. copy of your best publication)
Please Note: Applications are open to both Australian and International candidates. Due to COVID-19 travel bans, preference will be given to candidates who are currently in Western Australia and can commence in 2020.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.