DUO-Thailand Fellowship Program
DUO-Thailand Fellowship Programme aims to enhance a mobility of students between Thailand and ASEM member states in Europe on a balanced basis. In this respect, DUO-Thailand requires that a PAIR (two persons) of students be exchanged under framework of cooperation between higher education institutions in Thailand and in the European Union Member States.
Eligible universities for the 2016 DUO-Thailand Fellowship Programme should abide by the following obligations:
1. The home university must permit its students to participate in an exchange all through the duration of the programme: 1 semester but not more than 4 months.
2. Home and host universities should have an agreement at the institutional level whereby credits for study undertaken while on exchange are to be accepted by the home university.
3. A home or host university already having an agreement with its partner institution will be given first priority while that aiming to utilize student exchange to pave the way for developing an agreement with its partner institution will be given second priority.
4. The host university should be willing to receive DUO-Thailand exchange students from its partner institution and is expected to waive tuition fees for the exchange students.
5. One end of exchange is anchored to Thai.
1. Being an undergraduate or graduate student in Thai public and private higher education institutions under Office of the Higher Education Commission’s jurisdiction,
2. Having Thai nationality,
3. Obtaining at least 2.75 GPA for undergraduate students and 3.25 GPA for graduate students,
4. Proficiency in language used as the medium of instruction is required by one of the following tests,
- TOEFL score at least 213 (computer-based) or 550 (paper-based) or 79 – 80
- IELTS score at least 6.0
- D.E.L.F. or D.A.L.F at least level B2
*The language proficiency test result must be no more than two years olds as of the test date.
5. Not having applied for or being the awardee of other scholarships,
6. Being able to join the programme throughout the whole period,
7. Submitting a report and a study record showing the learning outcomes gained from the host university to Office of the Higher Education Commission within 30 days upon completion of the programme.
2. European students
1. Being an undergraduate or graduate student in European Union higher education institutions accredited by responsible agencies in their respective countries,
2. Having EU nationality,
3. Obtaining GPA at satisfactory level in the ECTS system (70% of subjects taken are graded B for graduate students, and 70% of subjects taken are graded C for undergraduate students.),
4. Not having applied for or being the awardee of other scholarships,
5. Being able to join the programme throughout the whole period,
6. Submitting a report and a study record showing the learning outcomes gained from the host university to the Office of the Higher Education Commission within 30 days upon completion of the programme.
All students applying for this programme should retain "student status" until they complete the exchanges.
The awardees of DUO-Thailand who have been selected to join the programme will not be eligible to apply for 2016 DUO-Thailand Fellowship Programme.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
For Thai students 1,200 Euro per month and for European students 800 Euro per month
Office of the Higher Education Commission, Ministry of Education, Thailand will pay the scholarships to Thai partner universities. The selected students from European Union universities will receive the fund upon their arrival to Thai partner universities.
Transfer of the fund will be made upon the receipt of the information on the exact dates of the exchange of the awardees. The home and host institutions are requested to keep all the documents related to the awardees’ expenses for future inspection.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.