Doctoral Scholarships Program “Ethics and Responsible Leadership in Business”
- monthly stipend of €1,350
- 26 April 2020
The international doctoral program academically and financially supports doctoral candidates who develop scientifically well-founded and practically relevant answers to questions arising in the research areas of economic, corporate, and leadership ethics. The doctoral program is ideal for highly qualified, socially engaged, and globally thinking, active young scholars and practitioners from all over the world.
Wittenberg Center for Global Ethics
The dissertation projects of applicants must fit to the thematic focus of the doctoral program and the research interests of the supervising professors. Applicants should familiarize themselves with the professors’ research interests on the program’s website:
- Prof. Dr. Laura Marie Edinger-Schons
Chair of Corporate Social Responsibility
University of Mannheim
- Prof. Dr. Ingo Pies
Chair of Business Ethics
- Prof. Dr. Philipp Schreck
Friede-Springer Endowed Chair of Business Ethics and Management Accounting
- Prof. Dr. Andreas Suchanek
Dr. Werner Jackstädt Chair of Economic and Business Ethics
HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management
Applicants’ dissertation topics can directly relate to one of the topics proposed by the supervising professors but are not limited to these topics.
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
The scholarships are financed by the Karl Schlecht Foundation (KSG) and by the Stiftung der Deutschen Wirtschaft (sdw). The scholarship includes a monthly living stipend of 1,350 € and a membership in the doctoral program with an access to a broad scientific and professional network.
An application comprises the following documents:
- Letter of motivation (in English, max. 1000 words)
- Personal data sheet/CV (in German or English)
- Academic reference letter
- Exposé of research idea (in German or English; max. 5000 words)
- Copies of bachelor´s, master’s, magister and/or diploma certificates (or a provisional certificate) with all individual grades that are relevant for the examination and final grade
- Internship and employment certificates (if applicable)
- Certification / proof of voluntary work (if applicable)
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.