Doctoral and Postdoctoral Research Fellowships within “Environmental Humanities”, 2017
- February 28, 2017
Three Doctoral or Postdoctoral Research Fellowships within the field of Environmental Humanities, connected to three ongoing research projects, are available at the Department of Culture Studies and Oriental Languages (IKOS), University of Oslo. Norwegian and foreign applicants can apply for these fellowships.
University of Oslo offers a number of general and subject-specific funding schemes. The aim of the fellowship is to attract the best and most motivated people to Norway.
The University of Oslo, is the oldest, largest and most prestigious university in Norway, located in the Norwegian capital of Oslo. UiO attracts students and researchers from all over the world.
A good command of English is required for all students attending the University of Oslo. International students; Ph.D. research fellows and post-doctoral research fellows who are not native speakers of English, must document their proficiency in English.
- For a Doctoral position, the candidate must have an MA degree or equivalent in one of the humanistic academic disciplines, for instance literary science, culture studies, history, anthropology, media science, linguistics, religious studies, Middle East studies, China studies, or other area studies.
- For a Postdoctoral position, the candidate must have a PhD degree or equivalent in one of the humanistic academic disciplines, for instance literary science, culture studies, history, anthropology, media science, linguistics, religious studies, Middle East studies, China studies, or other area studies.
In assessing the applications, special emphasis will be placed on:
- The project’s relevance for the field Environmental Humanities
- The project’s relevance for the involved research groups
- The project’s scientific merits and creative potential
- The applicant’s academic and personal qualifications
- The applicant’s ability to complete the project and research training
- The applicant’s collaboration skills and willingness to join interdisciplinary academic communities
Applicants who have recently graduated with excellent results may be given preference.
Short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
- Doctoral position: salary level per year NOK 432 700 – 489 300, depending on level of expertise
- Postdoctoral position: salary level per year NOK 486 100 – 567 100, depending on level of expertise
- A professionally stimulating working environment
- Attractive welfare benefits
Applicants must submit the following attachments with the electronic application, preferably in pdf format:
- letter of application
- project description, including a detailed progress plan for the project
- Curriculum Vitae
- list of publications (if any)
- grade transcripts from educational institutions attended. Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their university’s grading system.
Please note that all documents must be in English or a Scandinavian language.
Educational certificates, master theses and the like are not to be submitted with the application, but applicants may be asked to submit such information or works later.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.