Doc Nomads Joint Master Degree Scholarship for International Students, 2017-2019
- Deadline: January 8, 2017
Applications are invited for The”Doc Nomads” Joint Master Degree Scholarship in Documentary Film Directing fro 2017-2018 academic year. Students from all over the world are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
DOC NOMADS Erasmus Mundus Masters Course is aimed to students from all over the world with a BA degree in Film Studies, in Arts or in Media Communication studies.
The DOC NOMADS Joint Master Degree in Documentary Filmmaking is a two-year, full time, international graduate program (120 ECTS) delivered by a consortium of three prominent European universities across three countries: Portugal, Hungary and Belgium.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- DOC NOMADS Erasmus Mundus Masters Course is aimed to students from all over the world with a BA degree in Film Studies, in Arts or in Media Communication studies.
- Other degrees may be accepted from applicants with a convincing artistic portfolio.
- Currently in its 5th Edition, so far DocNomads had enrolled students from 57 nationalities: Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bhutan, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Mexico, Moldova, Nepal, Nicaragua, Pakistan, Philippines, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, The Netherlands, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, USA, Venezuela, and Vietnam.
- DocNomads provides the rare privilege of bringing together, for some time, a close community of people from diverse cultures and varied backgrounds, individual voices and particular visions.
- We consider this aspect to be one of the best assets of the program, which certainly augments the unique experience of being part of it.
The Academic Board of DOC NOMADS is looking for students who are:
- active, enthusiastic, and curious
- creative, supportive, and capable of team work
- resilient, tolerant and open to criticism
- socially minded, empathetic, and ethically aware
- seeking artistic independence and a personal voice
- DocNomads is quite an intensive study program, demanding much study and many work hours, while constantly pushing students to face new experiences.
- Its challenging curriculum is aimed at students committed to taking advantage of the learning opportunities provided, in order to achieve and improve upon specialized skills, both in terms of theoretical knowledge of creative documentary and through practical training within this multifarious discipline.
Test your English
Prepare for your study by taking the most popular and most accepted English language proficiency test. Schedule an IELTS test >
Students may receive the grant for a maximum of 12 months of the training. The grant amount is between EUR 200 and 450.
The application submission is exclusively online. Only documents submitted via the DocNomads website are accepted. The following documents are required for application:
- Completed, and sent as well as CV and motivation letter are each limited to 1000 characters (including spaces).
- Authorized, stamped or certified copies of your previous Bachelor degree(s) translated to English by a sworn translator.\
- Certified copies of an English language certificate
- A link to the applicant’s “MY WORLD” FILM.
- A link to the applicant’s previous/additional film.
- One recent photo of yourself.
- Copy of passport or ID with expiration date.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.