DLR-DAAD Research Fellowships in the fields of Space, Aeronautics, Energy and Transportation Research
DLR is Germany´s national research center for aeronautics and space. Its extensive research and development work in Aeronautics, Space, Transportation and Energy is integrated into national and international cooperative ventures. As Germany´s space agency, DLR has been given responsibility for the forward planning and the implementation of the German space programme by the German federal government as well as for the international representation of German interests. Approximately 5, 700 people are employed in DLR´s 29 institutes and facilities at thirteen locations in Germany.
This special programme is intended for highly-qualified foreign doctoral and postdoctoral students as well as senior scientists. DLR-DAAD Fellowships offer outstanding scientists and researchers the opportunity to conduct special research at the institutes of the DLR in Germany.
DLR-DAAD Fellowships are defined and awarded on an individual basis. Each Fellowship announcement will indicate the specific qualification requirements and terms of the visit. The current offers are published under DLR-DAAD Fellowships - Current Offers
(http://www.daad.de/deutschland/foerderung/ausschreibungen/09144.de.html) on the homepages of the DAAD and the DLR.
At the time of their application, applicants for a DLR-DAAD Fellowship must
- be able to prove their outstanding study or research achievements,
- Type A: have completed their studies or research with a university degree,
- Type B: have completed their studies with a doctorate/PhD/Candidate (Russia),
- Type C: applicants must be working in higher education or at a research institute; positions are open to outstandingly-qualified academics and scientists who should generally hold a doctorate/ Ph.D.,
- have an excellent knowledge of English, please provide evidence of this through the submission of appropriate language certificates (e.g. TOEFL: 550/217); a knowledge of German is advantageous,
- have completed their last degree in the last six years (Type A) or have completed their doctorate in the last two years (Type B) or assessed individually according to prerequisites (Type C),
- not be of German nationality.
Special note for applicants from the field of medicine: A university degree is considered equivalent to the German medical practice licence, the Approbation that is proof of at least seven years of medical training and the licence to practice medicine in the home country.
- Monthly Instalment: 1.365 Euros
- Possible Additional Payments: e.g. flat-rate travel allowance, health insurance, family allowances
- Monthly Instalment: 2000 Euros
- Monthly Instalment: 2300 Euros
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.