Diabetes Hope Foundation Scholarship
- $2,500 Bursary
- 4 January 2019
Diabetes Hope Scholarship Program is available to young adults living in the Province of Ontario, Canada who are successfully managing the challenges of living with diabetes. This program supports post-secondary academic endeavours and recognizes the personal triumphs of exemplary young adults who demonstrate active involvement in community and/or sports activities while engaging in healthy self-management of their diabetes.
- Who are residents of Ontario, Canada
- Who are in their final year of high school and entering an accredited post-secondary institution in the fall of 2019.
- Who are registered with a pediatric diabetes program/healthcare provider and is in their transition year to adult diabetes care.
- Who have received care for Type 1 Diabetes or Insulin Dependent Type 2 Diabetes by a Pediatric Health Care team for a minimum of 1 year preceding this application
- Who have demonstrated competence in self-management by:
a) Regular diabetic health care follow-ups (a minimum of three visits in the past 12 months if newly diagnosed; minimum of 6 visits in the past 24 months for all others); and
b) Obtaining an endorsement letter from a member of their Paediatric Health Care team confirming their attendance and successful self-management
Must be residents of – British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, New Found Land
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
Students will receive a $2,500 bursary.
Apply online through the website.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.