The Department of Meteorology is pleased to announce the introduction of PhD Scholarships available for self-funding applicants who meet the eligibility criteria, and who are starting their PhD in the period 1 January 2022 to 31 August 2023.
Department of Meteorology International PhD Scholarships in UK
- Up to £3,000
- Be self-funding or have a studentship/scholarship that does not provide sufficient funding for the student's entire tuition fee and their reasonable living costs.
- Be in possession of a formal PhD offer of admission from the University of Reading, including meeting the language requirements specified by the School upon entry.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
- Scholarships for full time students based in Reading of £3,000 per year for International students or £1,000 per year for UK (home) students, to be awarded as a bursary directly allocated to the PhD student.
- Equivalent scholarships available for students registered for a PhD by Distance and/or part- time students on a pro rata basis (please see the table at the bottom of the link).
- You will need to submit an application for admission for a PhD in Atmosphere, Oceans and Climate or a PhD in Space Weather and Solar-Terrestrial Physics via the online admissions portal.
- In the 'Scholarships applied for' box which appears within the Funding Section of your online application, please quote 'Reading Department of Meteorology PhD Scholarships ' in order for your application to be considered.
Before applying, please read our guidance on How to apply and entry requirements.