The Delson Scholarship was established in 2004 to provide scholarship support for incoming undergraduate students from inner city high schools Bell or Huntington Park. Student must have a minimum 3.0 grade point average and demonstrate financial need. Preference goes to those who also attended Nimitz Middle School.
- $8,000 -- renewable for four years
- 6 April 2022
- Have you filed the FAFSA?
- What is the greatest challenge you have overcome? Why do you want to become a UCLA graduate and what has been your most meaningful community-service or extracurricular involvement?
- Letter of reference: Please provide the name and e-mail of an individual who will provide a letter of reference. The recommendation cannot be from a peer or family member. Your recommender will automatically receive a link prompting them to upload the recommendation via the Academic Works (aka Blackbaud) portal. It is critical that the recommender meet the deadline or the portal will close and your application will be considered incomplete.
- Will you be graduating from either Bell High School or Huntington Park High School (in Los Angeles)?
- Did you attend Nimitz Middle School in Los Angeles?
- Please write a 100-150 word bio that focuses on your leadership and extracurricular experiences and includes a brief statement of current career goals.
- Please upload a current resume that includes extracurricular activities, employment, awards and skills
Duolingo English Test
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities around the world.
To apply for the scholarship: • You will create a unique login, using your preferred e-mail address and a password by clicking on the “SIGN UP” button. • Please complete the general scholarship application for prospective students, and answer any supplementary questions that may be required by a particular opportunity. • When returning to the application to make revisions, or apply for new scholarships, you will click on the “SIGN IN” button. Use the credentials you previously set up, so please remember your login email and password