Degree Completion Grants for International Students at Universität Hamburg in Germany
- Master, Bachelor
- €200 - €720 per month for 6 months
- December 1, 2019
Universität Hamburg supports its international students on their way to the successful completion of their degrees with degree completion grants.
Persons entitled to funding are students who:
- are enrolled at Universität Hamburg
- are not German citizens;
- are not eligible for BAföG (federal student loan scheme);
- are preparing for or are in the final examination phase of their studies;
- have no financial support during this phase (proof required).
International students studying fee-based degree programs are eligible for this grant in exceptional cases, but they will not have priority in the selection procedure.
The following groups are excluded from funding:
- international students who fulfill the requirements of Section 8 of the German federal training assistance act (Bundesgesetz über individuelle Förderung der Ausbildung, BAföG))
- doctoral researchers
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
Degree completion grants are usually awarded for 6 months. The monthly amount of funding ranges between €200 and a maximum of €720. The individual funding amount is calculated according to the respective income.
If the final examination is not completed within the 6-month period, an extension may be requested. The maximum funding period is 12 months.
Students pursuing Diplom, Magister, or Staatsexamen degrees may apply for a 12-month grant with their first application.
Online applications require the following documents:
- reason for your application
- schedule detailing all steps leading to your final examination
- an evaluation from the supervisor of your final thesis
You must upload these documents to the online application portal.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.