Deakin School of Education HDR PhD International Scholarship in Australia
- 15 October 2020
HDR Scholarship - Teacher professional learning in rural Australia
Applications now open. A PhD scholarship is available to initiate and conduct research on the topic 'Teacher professional learning in rural Australia'.
Rural and regional schools in Australia face serious perennial challenges arising from the nexus of geographic distance, socioeconomic disadvantage, and significantly lower student participation and achievement rates than found in metropolitan Australia. This situation is mirrored in other commensurate parts of the world where regional, rural and remote locations translate into structural disadvantage and poorer educational and life outcomes.
Teachers and schools in regional Australia face intractable problems when trying to access appropriate professional learning, where most professional learning offerings are based in metropolitan centres, attracting additional costs for teachers and schools and considerable additional time away from home and work. City-based offerings often also fail to understand the specific challenges and needs of regional and rural schools and students.
This research project will focus on one aspect of this complex problem—professional learning for practising teachers.
To be eligible you must:
- be either a domestic or international candidate
- meet Deakin's PhD entry requirements
- be enrolling full time and hold an honours degree (first class) or an equivalent standard master's degree with a substantial research component.
Please refer to the research degree entry pathways page for further information.
This scholarship is available over 3 years.
- International students only: Tuition fees offset for the duration of 4 years. Single Overseas Student Health Cover policy for the duration of the student visa.
- Stipend of $28,092 per annum tax exempt (2020 rate)
- Relocation allowance of $500-1500 (for single to family) for students moving from interstate or overseas
Please visit our website for more information about the application process.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.